Middle School: College Checklist
When it comes to college, there are so many questions, how do I apply for college, what do I need to do to prepare and the list goes on. Below is a checklist for the students from the Middle School.
- Get off to a good start! Study hard, develop strong study habits and turn in all assignments!
- Start thinking about what classes will best prepare you for high school.
- Take pre-algebra or algebra 1 if possible.
- Start saving your money and learn about different financial aid programs from your school counselor or teachers.
- Get involved in extracurricular activities.
- Volunteer. It is a great way to learn about your community, meet new people, learn new things and explore careers.
- Start thinking about what you want to do when you grow up.
- Get to know your teachers and guidance counselor.
- Get involved with the Legacy Scholars program.
- Find a mentor, someone you want to be like. It could be a family member or family friend or any positive person you feel could help guide you on your journey through school and into college.
- Be a leader and be your own person.
- Visit the high school you are planning to attend.
- Take challenging classes in middle school to prepare you for high school.
- Don't be too shy to ask questions. Ask dependable, experienced people who have the answers you seek.
- Visit a local college campus.
- Read, read, read!